Thursday, October 16, 2008

Words for the Soul


Original Mind

As a leaf which in landing
creates ripples on a pond,
so sense perceptions flutter about us
bidding the mind to follow -
yet
deep inside,
like the pond's placid nature
the mind is unmoved
able to reflect a garden's beauty
or the waste in a garbage can without absorption.


Silenced

Silence.
Drowning out the silence.
The deafening roar of scattered thoughts
drum behind blinded eyes..

Returning me,
once again
to my breath.

One breath...
speaks of
one love...
feeling
one heart...
thinking
one mind.

No soul to be found
in this endless sea of "I".
No third eye
with which to navigate
my
steadily,
sinking
ship.

I seek refuge in her arms.
I seek solace at her breast.
I seek escape from my "self".

Gate..
Gate..
paragate..
parasamgate...
bodhi svaha.

Gone.
Gone.
Gone beyond the silence
and into the awakening,
Which "I" can see lies just ahead...

No comments:

Post a Comment