Monday, August 4, 2008

Your Path with Heart


I had the pleasure and good fortune to stumble upon Andrea Bocelli Live in Tuscany last night on my favorite station, PBS. Anyone who has ever experienced one of his performances knows that when he sings he becomes one with his True Nature, Self, Source, God, or whatever you choose to call it. He has spent his entire life working hours every day to master his voice, and master, he has indeed! As soon as he started to sing, I stopped everything I was doing so I could be transported to a wonderful place of beauty, serenity, and bliss. His voice enveloped my very soul like a thick morning fog and did not let go until his performance was over. Simple words are truely inadequate to describe this feeling of exhilaration and connection. He found his 'Path with Heart" through his complete dedication to the discipline necessary to master his voice. One must find their path in something they love that grabs them by their soul and leads them to put their heart into the discipline required to master it. It is this mind-body discipline that introduces one to their "Path with Heart" that can eventually lead to the mastery of the self (ego). I found my path when I discovered traditional martial arts through an incredible teacher who showed me the mystery and the magic within this discipline. I fell in love with the intense training, the intricate details, the volumnous knowledge, and later, the infinite calmness and the absolute power that the oneness of mind and body created. I lived it, breathed it, dreampt it, and became it. It started me on my "Path with Heart". My point in writing this is to let everyone know that there are many disciplines that can lead one to their path - a path that brings mind and body together again. It is this oneness that lights up the journey we all must take to get back to our True Nature. This is our purpose here and there is a path for everyone. Find your love, put your heart completely into the discipline needed to master it, then you shall awake one day to realize you are on your "Path with Heart" - a path that can lead you to mastery of the self and take you home, back to the Oneness of Self.

" You can go anywhere, do anything, if you put your heart into it" - Shawn Johnson, Reigning World All-around Champion Female Gymnast, 2008

"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust consume and where thieves break in and steal, but lay up for yourself treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust consumes and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." - Jesus of Nazareth

No comments:

Post a Comment